Low Testosterone is known to be associated with problems such as sexual disorders, mood changes (irritability and depression), cognitive decline, reduced muscle and bone mass (increased fracture risk), leading to poor quality of life and mortality.
The Androgen Deficiency in Aging Males (ADAM) questionnaire has been developed and for the clinical detection of androgen deficiency in aging males.
1. Do you have a decrease in libido (sex drive)?
2. Do you have a lack of energy?
3. Do you have a decrease in strength and/or endurance?
4. Have you lost height?
5. Have you noticed a decreased "enjoyment of life"?
6. Are you sad and/or grumpy?
7. Are your erections less strong?
8. Have you noted a recent deterioration in your ability to play sport?
9. Are you falling asleep after dinner?
10. Has there been a recent deterioration in your work performance?